Effective February 7, 2022
The terms "using" and "processing" of the personal information (as herein defined) may include using cookies on a computer, statistical or other analysis, and using or handling in any way, including but not limited to, collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing, and/or transferring information within our organization, among our affiliates, or to third parties within the United States or internationally.
The Site may contain health or medical-related information. Such information is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of Your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions You may have regarding a medical condition. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
How We Collect And Use Personal Information
- Powered by PokitDok. The Site is managed and run by PokitDok. Any information collected by this The Site is collected by PokitDok on our behalf and in compliance with the Policy. For more information about PokitDok, visit https://pokitdok.com.
- Information About You. When You browse the Site and do not interact with the Site for any online service or product from marketplace, You are browsing anonymously. Personally identifiable information--such as Your name, address, phone number and email address--is not collected as You browse. When You register with us on the Site to create an account ("Account") and become a registered user ("Member"), You agree to provide us with certain personally identifiable information to complete registration, including without limitation, information that can be used to contact or identify You ("Personal Information"). We use this Personal Information mainly to respond to You, regarding the reason You contacted us. We also use Personal Information to identify data, resources, and other content on the Site that may be relevant to You. We communicate these suggestions to You throughout the Site and through other notification methods such as email and SMS, in accordance with Your selected privacy settings.
- Protected Health Information. It is important for You to understand that information collected by the Site or disclosed by You through Your use of the Site is not protected by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA). This Site is not intended for the collection, storage, or disclosure of protected health information and none of the information collected will be used in connection with Your medical treatment or maintained in Your medical records.
- Log Data. When You visit the Site, whether as a Member or a non-registered user, our servers automatically record information that Your browser sends whenever You visit a website generally ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as Your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, operating system, and/or the webpage You were visiting before You came to our Site, pages of our Site that You visit, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and for the Site's technical administration, to increase its functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors' needs. For example, we use such information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We or the third parties we engage to track and analyze website data may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on Your computer's hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
PokitDok does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about You with other persons or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services You've requested, when we otherwise have Your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our services, to provide services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics, and improvement of the Services' features) or to assist us in analyzing how the services are used. These third parties have access to Your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. PokitDok cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose the information we collect from You in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including Your Personal Information, and other information collected from You, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. We will make best efforts to give You advance notice and the opportunity to opt-out of the business transfer based on contact information You have provided.
Changing Or Deleting Your Information
You, as a member, may review, update, correct or delete information by making appropriate corrections on the Site. If You delete all such information, then Your Account may become deactivated. You may also delete Your Account in our system, in which case we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor Your request. However, we may retain a de-identified copy of Your records in our systems.
We want the information that You submit to us to be secure. We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect our Site, as well as the information we collect, from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have also implemented access controls to safeguard against unauthorized access to our information systems. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. There are also certain steps You should take to safeguard Your account and information. For example, You should select a secure password that only You know, and should always sign out of Your account when finished. It is Your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of Your password in order to prevent unauthorized access to Your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under Your account and password. You should immediately change Your password and notify us if You discover or suspect any unauthorized use of Your account.
Special Information For California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about You for direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In Your request, please attest to the fact that You are a California resident and provide a current California address for Your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: [email protected]. Please allow up to thirty days for a response.
Links To Other Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. If You choose to click on a third party link, You will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of that third party of of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on Your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from You. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information and the like that You submit to them. We encourage You to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites You visit.
Children Under 13
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not collect Personal information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected].
Changes To This Policy
If material changes to this Policy are made, the updated policy will be posted on the site with the accompanying revision date.
If You have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].